Incorporating borders into your photographs or videos adds flare and makes them stand out. While there are other editing programs, such as PicsArt and Paint 3D, that may help you add borders to your photographs, Canva stands out as a comprehensive editing suite.
Canva is a famous online site for designing images as well as simpler tasks such as creating logos and watermarks. In addition, the site has a large collection of materials, templates, and a drawing tool for adding borders to photos and movies.
There are three different ways we can add a border to a picture in Canva. In this piece, we’ll go through all three of those ways and more. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to add a border to a picture in Canva employing the use of elements
Canva provides various components for adding borders to photos. Canva’s collection has a plethora of ready-to-use components that may be utilized as borders. This is how.
- Launch Canva on your web browser. To submit your image or video, click the cloud symbol next to the search field.
- Once the image has been uploaded, view it and select the Use in design option to proceed. A new project window will appear with your media.
- Click the Elements tab on the left, then put border into the search box at the top and hit Enter. Scroll through the designs and select the one you want to add. You may also search for lines, squares, rectangles, and other related terms to get comparable results. Select the border of your choice and apply it to your image.
- Once inserted, you may alter it by dragging the boundaries around it.
- Then, in the toolbar, click the lock button to freeze it.
To flip or alter the color of the border, utilize the toolbar at the top. If your border is a video or a GIF, you may animate it to make it more fascinating.
How to add a border to a picture in Canva using templates
Another cool approach to add borders to your photo or video is to tweak one of Canva’s current themes.
- Launch Canva in your browser. You may manually explore many templates on the site or use the search bar at the top to find a certain template.
- When you’ve found a bordered template you like, click on it. The template will be opened in a new project window as a result.
- Remove all of the unneeded pieces by selecting them and clicking the trash button at the top.
- Then, on the left, go to the Uploads page and select the Upload media option to upload your image or video.
- After you’ve uploaded it, click on the picture to insert it into your template. After you’ve inserted it, drag it to a corner of your template.
- Select Bring to Front from the resulting menu by right-clicking on the border in your template.
- Finally, choose your image and resize it by dragging the borders around it.
You may also be interested in:
How to add a border to a picture in Canva using the drawing tool
Canva has just included a drawing tool for painting borders around images and videos.
Step 1: Launch Canva in your browser. Now, in Canva’s project window, open your picture or video.
Step 2: Next, from the left toolbar, select More. Select the Draw tool from the Apps and Integrations menu.
You may create a border around your image with a pen, marker, or glow pen. You may alter the size and transparency of your pen by dragging the sliders below it.
When you’re through with your design, you can download your file from Canva.
After you’ve added a border to a picture or video, click the download button in the upper-right corner to save it. Select a file format from the drop-down option under File type. Finally, click the Download option to obtain your download.
You can also publish your photo or video straight from Canva to your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Drive accounts, in addition to downloading it.
Canva, whether for photos or videos, appears to be a one-stop-shop for all of your editing requirements. It also provides a plethora of options for creating eye-catching Instagram posts, presentations, and more.