When your phone’s storage is running low it can lead to worry and it’s generally annoying. You would not be able to take pictures, download files and even be unable to open some applications and you will experience a poor performance of your device.
In such a situation, your only option is to get an alternative way of getting more space or increasing the internal storage of the device. You may have already heard of some of the options you will see in this article but be rest assured that they will definitely increase your storage space and make the use of your smartphone more enjoyable.
Can I really get unlimited storage and how do I get unlimited storage on my Android device?
To get unlimited storage on your Android device, there are a few steps that you need to take. Technically, there is always a limit to the storage space you get with any device. Hence, getting unlimited storage on an Android phone doesn’t sound realistic.
However, so far as you have enough space to store all your files you can liken that to having unlimited storage. The steps in this post will therefore help you to get unlimited storage on your Android device so that you don’t have to lose any of your important files.
The tools that you need to get this unlimited storage on Android are:
- Google images (offers you unlimited storage for images and videos on your phone)
- Google drive (offers you free 15GB storage for your files)
- An external SD card (size will depend on what you can afford)
In addition to the above-mentioned which is discussed in detail in this post, you can also rely on several other free cloud storage platforms to give you unlimited storage on your Android phone.
Some of the other cloud storage platforms you can consider include:
By combining all or most of these cloud storage services, you open your Android device to having an unlimited storage capacity.
Now, let’s discuss the three options that I mentioned earlier on. You can also watch this video to have a fair idea of how it is done.
Get free unlimited storage with Google photos
It is no news that photo and video files consume larger storage on your Android mobile devices. With Google Photos, you can back up an unlimited number of photos and videos at no cost at all.
Google Photos is even more interesting because you can access your files from even your PC or any device at any time. This gives room for backing up files that are not even on your phone. Google photos should be pre-installed on many Android phones.
However, if it isn’t installed on your Android phone, then you can download it from the Google Play store and install it on your phone. There is however a paid version of Google photos. This allows you to save your photos in their original qualities. Follow the steps below to back up your photos and videos using Google photos.
- Open Google Photos on your device or install it if you do not have it on your phone already and open it.
- Sign in with your Google account
- Select backup and sync
From now, anytime you have a picture or video on Google photos it will automatically get backed up.
Use Google drive to free up space on your Android Phone
Google Drive, like Google Photos, is a wonderful cloud storage and file backup service. Both services are provided by Google and are excellent! The only difference between Google Drive and Google Photos is their storage capacity. While Google Photos offers unlimited photo and video storage for 16MP and 1080P films, Google Drive only offers 15GB of free storage, with premium options available for additional storage volumes.
No worries, we’ve got the perfect solution for you. To get a complete backup of your photos and videos, download and use Google Photos to save them completely in unlimited storage, and if you have any documents, pdfs, voice memos, or anything else, simply upload them to Google Drive, where you have 15GB of free storage.
Use SD card to get more storage capacity on Android device
An SD card or memory card as it is more popularly known can be very helpful in storing your files and overall provide more storage space on your device. Use an SD card as the default storage on your phone and have your pictures, videos, and documents saved there.
Follow the link to learn how to use an SD card as the default storage location:
How to Get More Storage Space on Your Phone
There are some actions that when taken, will give you more space to have more pictures, videos, applications, and files.
- Clear downloads folder: Deleting stuff from your Downloads folder is an excellent approach to clear up space. PDFs, pictures, app APKs, and other things frequently clog this folder. You can check through and delete files using the built-in Downloads app, or you may connect your phone to your computer and delete items from there.
- Uninstall unused apps: Uninstalling apps that you aren’t using is the best approach to free up space. Large software, such as games, can use hundreds of megabytes (MB) or even gigabytes (GB). When you go to Settings > Apps, you’ll get a list of all of your installed apps, sorted by how much space they use up. Remove any apps you don’t use very often; you may always reinstall them if you need them again.
- Remove duplicate files: There are some files that you may have downloaded multiple times knowingly or unknowingly. These files, be it photos, videos, PDFs or some other documents tend to take up space. Deleting them definitely will go a long way. You can manually do so by going through your files and folders to see files that are redundant or you can use third-party apps that identify and delete duplicate files.
- Use cloud storage: The problem of “insufficient storage available” can be solved using cloud storage.
As it turns out, an increasing number of users prefer to use cloud storage to share their photos, videos, and other information in order to free up space on their Android devices. Cloud storage apps like Dropbox and SkyDrive now allow users to share files from their phone to the cloud, which they can then view from their computer. You can also clear up space by deleting files from their phones once they’ve been shared in the cloud.
The main drawback to using cloud storage is that you can only view your data if you have an active internet connection.
- Use USB OTG: USB On-The-Go (USB OTG or OTG) allows USB devices like tablets and smartphones to operate as hosts and connect to other USB devices like flash drives, digital cameras, mouse, and keyboards. As a result, you can attach a peripheral to your Android phone, such as a USB storage device, to expand its storage capacity.
- By using an OTG adapter to connect an external hard drive or USB drive to your Android phone, you can expand the phone’s internal storage space. If you’re not sure if your phone supports USB OTG, you can use the USB OTG Checker app to find out.
- Connect the adapter’s end to a USB flash drive or a memory card reader. Connect the OTG cable to the Android phone after that.
- The file manager will appear on its own. If you don’t see the notification bar, swipe down from the top.
- Select USB Drive. You can now transfer files from your Android phone to the USB flash drive or memory card that is attached.
- Select the file you want to move from “Internal Storage.” Select “Copy” from the three-dot menu. Then, to finish the process, navigate to the USB disk and tap “Done.”
Why is Your Phone Storage Always Full
Tap Storage in the Settings app (it should be in the System tab or section). You’ll be able to monitor how much storage is being used, as well as cached data details. Select Cached Data.
Tap Delete to clear up that cache for working space or Cancel to leave it alone in the confirmation window that opens.
You can also use some file managers to manage your Android phone’s storage and help you increase your chances of getting unlimited storage. Here is a list of the best file manager apps that you can find on Google playstore. Check them out.
How to Remove Storage Full Notification
Swipe down to get notifications, then press and hold the ‘insufficient storage’ button. A little window with the words ‘app info’ will display. It will take you to your Android system’s settings if you press that. There’s a checkbox that shows notifications. Untick that box, and the issue will be resolved.
What is a smartphone without sufficient storage space? The phone will experience terrible lagging, apps, and files will take a longer time to run and open, and overall performance will be affected. Get yourself more storage space and enjoy your device better by following the steps stated in this article.